Reconcile Error with new Version 7.5.2, build 705.51955.100

Options

I just upgraded from Quicken for Mac 7.4.2 to 7.5.2, then entered all of last month’s Mastercard entries and cleared all of the charges. The current balance at bottom right became -$2,015.90. When I tried to reconcile the account it said I was off by $3,960.08. At the upper right it says “Today’s Balance -$5,975.98.” That was last month’s balance which was paid on 1/18/25. Shouldn’t Today’s Balance at upper right be the same as the current balance at bottom right?

Best Answer

• PeteCinAZ
    PeteCinAZ Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Kristina. I triple-checked all transaction amounts, even sent a problem report to the Quicken development team, including a screenshot. But then I found a clue. The green line had not moved to today’s date but remained at the end of last month’s entries. Further checking revealed that all of the dates were off by a year. When I brought up the account to begin entering the latest amounts, I changed the New Entry month and day but neglected to change the year, so the December entries ending up being dated 2024 and the January entries 2025. I edited all of those incorrect entries and reconciled again. Problem solved! Feeling pretty stupid here. Thanks for the reply, it helped.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @PeteCinAZ,

To answer your question, today's Balance should match the balance showing in your register. When you did the reconcile, did it do an adjustment for the amount it said you were off by? Did you double check the transactions to ensure everything is reflecting correctly?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PeteCinAZ
    PeteCinAZ Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Kristina. I triple-checked all transaction amounts, even sent a problem report to the Quicken development team, including a screenshot. But then I found a clue. The green line had not moved to today’s date but remained at the end of last month’s entries. Further checking revealed that all of the dates were off by a year. When I brought up the account to begin entering the latest amounts, I changed the New Entry month and day but neglected to change the year, so the December entries ending up being dated 2024 and the January entries 2025. I edited all of those incorrect entries and reconciled again. Problem solved! Feeling pretty stupid here. Thanks for the reply, it helped.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved!

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.