Unable to edit Paycheck

Options

When I try to edit my Paycheck Quicken locks up. I have cleared the cache. Same symptom. I can enter my Paycheck with no problems.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @technogod99,

When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? Do you receive any error codes or messages? Does the freezing behavior only occur when attempting to edit a paycheck?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• technogod99
    technogod99 Member ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, I don't edit my paycheck very often so it is hard to tell. When I select edit and change something in the paycheck and save it. I get the spinning circle of death. After that, when ever I try to edit the paycheck. I get the same application not responding. I have to end Quicken process to recover.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @technogod99,

Thank you for providing more information. This could potentially be a data file issue.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• technogod99
    technogod99 Member ✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

This did not fix the problem. To clarify. After selecting edit paycheck and performing an edit. When I select enter paycheck. That is when Quicken Not Responding occurs. I restored my original Backup before performing Super Validate.

• technogod99
    technogod99 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've determined the problem has been here for awhile. I can edit the paycheck values. When I add a pre-tax category. That is when the problem occurs. I vaguely remember this problem from the last time I added Dental Insurance.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try to create a new paycheck reminder using a slightly different payee name.
    See if you can edit that without Quicken running off the rail.
    If you can, use it for future paychecks and delete the old busted reminder.

• technogod99
    technogod99 Member ✭✭
    Options

Now Quicken is locking up when paying bills.

This discussion has been closed.