Manual Reconciliation not available after subscription ends?

Options
dmw1605
dmw1605 Member ✭✭

My subscription just ended and now I'm no longer able to manually reconcile any of my accounts, the menu option no longer appears. I have never reconciled or downloaded transactions for these accounts. This was never a problem in the past when my subscription ended, and since I rarely use online services, I only subscribe every few years. Did Quicken change this recently to basically force you to subscribe by starting to eliminate essential options?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Which edition (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business) are you using? Which Release (Rxx.xx) (Help→About Quicken) ?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dmw1605 IF you've got Starter edition, then yes … when your subscription ended the product became "Read Only", which is why you can't reconcile, that's a data change/input function.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dmw1605
    dmw1605 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm using Quicken Classic Deluxe R54.16.

Thanks

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly when did your subscription expire? The reason I ask is because if you have a release installed that came out after the expiration date, it shouldn't happen, but if it did, it "could" cause this situation. I say "could", because I've never had that situation even in testing. R54.16 just came out, so maybe "just ended" was before it came out.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• dmw1605
    dmw1605 Member ✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

Subscription expired on 2/2 and I believe the update occurred before that.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have never reconciled or downloaded transactions for these accounts.

What is the account type?

Some account types don't have reconcile, for instance, a cash account type.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dmw1605
    dmw1605 Member ✭✭
    Options

It is for credit card and bank accounts. But even with a cash account you could still select from within the account the option to update balance. From what I can tell they moved it under the menu path Tools. It was always an option when going into the account, but now I have to go to 'Tools/Reconcile an Account' and select the account or open the account and then go to Tools. That is definitely something new and maybe only happens when you are not a subscriber.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@dmw1605 what happens when you do a "Ctrl+R" when you are in the account register? It should bring up a reconciliation window.

• dmw1605
    dmw1605 Member ✭✭
    Options

Good tip, as that works, thanks. I just miss having the menu box like it used to, but this is just as fast.