How can I solve this inexplicable problem with a past reconciliation?

Options

Suddenly, I noticed that my USAA credit card balance was way off, but it wasn't clear why. Choosing Accounts > Reconciliation History, I saw there was a $2,690.37 discrepancy for the reconciliation ending 9/1/23. If I look at the register, there is a second $2,690.37 payment. But if you look at the Reconciliation History, Quicken is displaying the $2,690.37 payment out of order with no sorting possible in that window. This suggests database corruption, doesn't it? Somehow, I successfully managed to delete one of those payments, but I have another discrepancy, this time $5,390.07, associated with the "statement" ending 12/03/23. But there's only one. I'm at wit's end with this.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 5
    Options

I had something similar happen to a credit card account once where something threw off an old reconciliation. I tried re-reconciling that month but then it threw off the reconciliation for the next month, then re-reconciling that month threw off the next month, etc. I wound up clearing the reconciliation history for the account & re-reconciling the entire account history up through the last statement end date in one giant reconciliation. As long as you're confidant the transactions are all correct that should work fine.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This issue comes up periodically, and I have just created a new Idea topic (feature request) to all users to selectively delete recent reconciliations in order to re-reconcile going forward without needing to clear and lose their entire reconciliation history. Please add your vote for it and add your comments here:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • telemachos
    telemachos Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Has the issue of transactions appearing out of order in the Reconciliation History window also come up periodically?