Quicken Freezes when trying to switch Tracking Method from Simple to Complete

Options
Patrick
Patrick Member ✭✭✭

I have updated my Fidelity account password. Then in Quicken, I deactivated my exsiting Fidelity accounts (Taxable investment account, Roth IRA, Rollover IRA account, etc), and then re-set up to download the transations. However, after that, Quicken switched all my Fidelity account from Tracking Method of Complete to Simple.

When I tried to swich the Tracking Method from Simple back to Complete in the General Tab of "Edit Account Detail", Quicken just freezes/hangs forever. The workaround is that I have to use windows Task Manager to end the Quicken process, and restarted Quicken.

Since I have several Fidelity accounts on Quicken that I needed to switch back from Simple to Complete, I had repeat the above steps each time for each Fidelity account on Quicken, and that is a PAIN.

Can Quicken fix this problem:

1. So that reactivating/setup download does not switch the account to Simple Tracking Method
  2. So that when switching from Simple Tracking Method to Complete Tracking Method doesn' not freeze Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 11
    Options

Hello @Patrick,

Which financial institution instance are you using (see screenshot below)? What is your connection method? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to download transactions?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Quicken Jasmine, I used Fidelity Investments. It shows Direct Connect. It didn't give me any error code at all. After deactivating/reactivating the connection, after my Fidelity Investments login password change, it simply changed the Tracking Method for each of my Fidelity Investments accounts to "Simple" from "Complete" without asking me or any warning message. I have already gone through the "painful" steps to convert each of my fidelity account's Tracking Method back to "Complete". I hope Quicken will fix this issue such that it won't happen again when I have to deactivate/reactivate my Fidelity Investments accounts connection in the future. Thanks. Patrick

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Patrick,

Thank you for providing more information.

I am happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue and move your accounts back to the Complete Tracking Method.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.