Importing CSV formatting

Options
Davepix
Davepix Member

I have an employer account from which I need to import a thousand transactions…

The CSV they export is formatted as follows

Date Category Portfolio(if applicable) Security Fund Name Action Transaction Type Quantity Price Amount

I was able to rearrange the columns to

Date DESCRIPTION NOTES Amount SECURITY TYPE Action

and but lost a few columns. I'd appreciate if someone has a better map to set it up.

Also, it comes in as a credit card account which probably results in the fields not matching up. Is there a way to get it to come in with correct fields? I can drag the transactions into the correct account but will still, otherwise, need to manually enter a lot of data.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The only CSV format that Quicken Mac will import is the Mint format, which is described here. I don't think it will work for investment accounts, though, as there are no fields for things like security names, number of shares, or share price.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Davepix
    Davepix Member
    Options

Thanks Jon, agree, the fields are limited and though you can drag the import over to an investment acct it loses a lot of info on the import and even more on the drag and drop

• DPW-CT
    DPW-CT Member ✭✭
    Options

Are there any tools for creating an importable file QXF etc (on quicken Mac) from csv or excel

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Are there any tools for creating an importable file QXF etc (on quicken Mac) from csv or excel

There are some third-party companies which make unsanctioned tools to do this. As this is a Quicken forum, the rules prevent us from naming them or discussing them, but there are certainly users who use such products. All I can suggest is that you Google "csv to qfx" and see what you find.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.