Importing CSV formatting

Options
Davepix
Davepix Member

I have an employer account from which I need to import a thousand transactions…

The CSV they export is formatted as follows

Date Category Portfolio(if applicable) Security Fund Name Action Transaction Type Quantity Price Amount

I was able to rearrange the columns to

Date DESCRIPTION NOTES Amount SECURITY TYPE Action

and but lost a few columns. I'd appreciate if someone has a better map to set it up.

Also, it comes in as a credit card account which probably results in the fields not matching up. Is there a way to get it to come in with correct fields? I can drag the transactions into the correct account but will still, otherwise, need to manually enter a lot of data.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The only CSV format that Quicken Mac will import is the Mint format, which is described here. I don't think it will work for investment accounts, though, as there are no fields for things like security names, number of shares, or share price.

• Davepix
    Davepix Member
    Options

Thanks Jon, agree, the fields are limited and though you can drag the import over to an investment acct it loses a lot of info on the import and even more on the drag and drop

• DPW-CT
    DPW-CT Member ✭✭
    Options

Are there any tools for creating an importable file QXF etc (on quicken Mac) from csv or excel

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Are there any tools for creating an importable file QXF etc (on quicken Mac) from csv or excel

There are some third-party companies which make unsanctioned tools to do this. As this is a Quicken forum, the rules prevent us from naming them or discussing them, but there are certainly users who use such products. All I can suggest is that you Google "csv to qfx" and see what you find.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.