Repeating Check Numbers on Bill Pay in Mac version

Options

When I use Quicken Bill Pay on Mac, more often than not, when issuing a check, it repeats a previously used Check Number. Then, I have to go through the process and issue another check to the same person while having to cancel the check that was created with the duplicate number. I discovered this problem when the bank called me and said that someone was trying to cash a check with the same number as a check that had already cleared. Quicken support was no help. They never heard of this problem. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Mike MDV,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Which financial institution(s) is the account(s) that you use to pay your bills with? Are you connected to that financial institution via Direct Connect or Quicken Connect? (To check that, click on the account to select it, then click on Accounts>Settings. In the window that pops up, click on the downloads tab and it should show you the financial institution name and how you're connected.). Is the previously issued check number one that has already cleared the bank at the time that you're setting up the bill payment in your Quicken?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.