Bug in 2-Factor Authentication for Quicken Mac

Options

Unfortunately several banks have now started requiring 2-Factor Authentication EVERY TIME you download from quicken (AARRGGHH). But I'm sure Quicken has no say in that.

Two of mine, CIT Bank and American Express require it. But there is a bug in quicken with regards to the BEST FEATURE EVER and worth the Apple ecosystem…. 2FA auto-fill.

When the first account that requires 2FA pops up and you select the method, then it will ask you for the response. The MacOS auto-fill will come up, flash for 1/4 second then disappear. You then have to enter it manually. When the subsequent account comes up, asks and waits for a response, the MacOS auto-fill acts normally and allows you to click on it and auto-fill (it also deletes it from text messages). See attached screenshots.

Every once in a while (and I can't duplicate it), the first account auto-fill will work correctly, but it's like 1 in 100 times.

Quicken, if you could PLEASE fix this bug, and I think I speak for all Mac users, we would all be grateful

!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @sackboydad7669,

We are aware of the issue regarding autofill in Quicken for Mac and it stems from Apple; we're working with them, but, we don't have a resolution at this time.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.