Quicken Updates Chase Bank Windows

Options

I used to do updates from my Chase bank page/window. When I purchased a new computer, I started doing the updates from Quicken. Ever since I started doing updates, it never balance. I'm sure it's missing transactions and I don't have the time to find which ones, so I just do an account adjustment. My checking accounts are a mess! I want to go back to updating from Chase, but it will not let me. How can I disconnect Quicken updates from Quicken so it will allow me to update from Chase?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

So the QFX file did not download?

Did you check your downloads folder to confirm that?

Or were you expecting that manually downloading the QFX file would automatically be imported into Quicken and that did not happen?

Please clarify exactly what happened or did not happen vs what you were expecting would happen.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• lsmith290
    lsmith290 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, that worked!

My old computer, the transactions would automatically populate. Now I have to do the download and they populate.

Thanks for you help!

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Just so I understand you correctly: You want to stop downloading of financial data from Chase into Quicken. Correct?

If that is the case, all you need to do is go to the Account Register of one of the Chase accounts > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.

Repeat this process for each Chase account that you no longer wish to download from. When done, Quicken will no longer download from Chase into Quicken.

Did this answer your question?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I take this to mean, that you want to switch from Express Web Connect + to Web Connect (downloading a QFX file directly from Chase and importing that). If that is correct, then you would do what @Boatnmaniac suggested and then just go and do the import of the QFX file(s). On the first time you do that for each account Quicken will ask you what account you want to import the transactions into. But be warned, the unique Ids that Express Web Connect + uses and what Web Connect/QFX file has are different. That means the first time you download/import a QFX file you probably will get duplicate transactions that you need to delete.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lsmith290
    lsmith290 Member
    Options

Hi

Thanks for your help and quick replies. I deactivated all the accounts and now when I go to Chase to download transactions QFX file, nothing happens.

Suggestions?

Appreciate your help :)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Downloaded… Did you import the QFX file by either opening it in your web browser or Windows File Explorer or using:

File → File Import → Web Connect (.QFX) File…

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lsmith290
    lsmith290 Member
    Options

Logged into Chase > Click on account > Download Account Activity (right side arrow) >File Type - Quicken Web Connect QFX > Download

Nothing happens

Suggestions?

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

So the QFX file did not download?

Did you check your downloads folder to confirm that?

Or were you expecting that manually downloading the QFX file would automatically be imported into Quicken and that did not happen?

Please clarify exactly what happened or did not happen vs what you were expecting would happen.

• lsmith290
    lsmith290 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, that worked!

My old computer, the transactions would automatically populate. Now I have to do the download and they populate.

Thanks for you help!

• earnestw
    earnestw Member
    Options

Unable to download transactions from Chase Bank… this is very annoying and I'm ready to quit Quicken… that is the main reason I use the thing and if I must manually enter the check register from Chase, what's the point? I see this is not an isolated problem with Quicken Premier users. Someone out there fix this damn thing. I've deleted, reinstalled, I've change the acct name, I've clicked on "repair," all without any success. Is anyone out there?

This discussion has been closed.