AmEx Credit Card Randomly Skipping Transactions

Options
roybendor
roybendor Member ✭✭

I have been using Quicken for Mac and tracking my AmEx (among others) on it for years. Generally no issues. Recently (this January/February) noticed a gap starting to form between the online balance and the quicken balance. At first it was a small but I thought maybe timing related but it started get larger and larger and only went one way. So I downloaded all my transactions since the beginning of the year and checked them off one by one against my quicken and it turned out there were ~60 missing transactions(out of roughly 600 transactions) totaling ~$800. I couldn't make out any rhyme or reason as to what was missed or when (it occurred throughout the period, it occurred from vendors that it also was able to download). I don't know what to do or even try to fix this but it's unmanageable to download only 90% of transactions over a 6 week period randomly. Please help!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @roybendor,

To troubleshoot this issue, please follow the steps below:

1. First, backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all the accounts associated with American Express (AMEX).
    3. Navigate to AMEX's website, (https://www.americanexpress.com/), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken. The steps to locate third-party apps within AMEX are below:
      1. Sign in
      2. Account Services
      3. Security and Privacy
      4. Manage third-party permissions
      5. Revoke authorization for Quicken
    4. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the AMEX accounts by using the "+" button.
    5. Carefully relink your accounts in Quicken.

If the issue persists after following these steps, then please reach out to Quicken Support directly for assistance as they have access to tools that we can't access on the Community and they are able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• roybendor
    roybendor Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kristina. I tried that before. I'll try to contact Quicken Support. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.