One Step Update doesn't work, but some accounts update when done individually

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Unable to Download Transactions

Comments

• Hav1027
    Hav1027 Member
    Options

I have version 54.16 and I can't get one step update to work. If update each account seperately they do work. But Fidelity will not work no matter what I do. My investment account have not downloaded since November of last year.
    I have tried all the suggested on line fixes and still doesn't work. I also tried to set my new Voya account and it too will not connect. it tells me I need online sign which is what i just entered to connect.
    I need a solution, as my renewal is coming up. I tried to call support but was told it was nota Quicken issue and the agent wanted me to turn off Malware and anti Virus and reset all my accounts. Considering nothing has changed made no sense. this started back with on of the new releases.

Heather

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Hav1027,

To assist with this issue, I reviewed your interaction with Support earlier today. It sounded like they suspect something is blocking communication, which is why they suspected VPN/Firewall/Antivirus. However, since you said that all of these issues started immediately after an update, this may also be a file-specific issue. If you haven't already done so, please try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hav1027
    Hav1027 Member
    Options

I have already done the validate and super validate and it found nothing. But to be sure I tried to do it again and it just froze Quicken.I tried to reconnect my Fidelity accounts and it did actually find them but would not download or link to existing accounts it froze.I then tried to run on my new laptop and once again still does not work just freezes. Next on my new Laptop that I have not yet put much on I went back to Version 52.33 From October of last year and guess what one Step Update works and all my files updated without issue. So Whatever changed happened after that, I would need to keep updating one version at a time to pinpoint. Will be interesting to see if I can also now set up my new account that I currently can't with the latest updates.
    Unfortunately on my main computer, I disconnected one of Fidelity accounts and went to reconnect and can't, just get Quicken not responding and have to cancel. Now I know that the Version 52.33 works I will go back to that so at least I can get my information and keep it updated.

I hope that this issue gets resolved because I there maybe other updates that are needed.

Heather

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

You mention this is happening on two different devices. Are you copying the same file to each device, or are these issues occurring in two separate Quicken files?

Also, to help investigate this issue, in your Quicken, could you please go to Help>Report a Problem and submit a problem report with the log files attached? While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Hav1027
    Hav1027 Member
    Options

Kristin

It is the same file and same issue. I just put my whole Quicken file on my new laptop so I could play around and see it back dating the updates worked, and it did. One Step update stopped working sometime after version 52.33.

I am back dating my files to that version. This is clearly a Quicken release issue. With the current release the One Step update freezes and I can't add accounts with 52.33 which was from October 2023 I can do all things I should be able to. I would need to keep adding each month after and testing to see when it dies completely. That should be for your team to find out and correct.

I need to pay for my next year here in a few weeks so feel this should be resolved or should be some sort of credit since all advertised features are not working.

I will submit a ticket thru the help.

Heather

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Just to clarify, R52.33 works on both devices, no freezing or other issues, while the current version, R54.16, freezes when you try to update your accounts? Is this the same file, just reverting the software to the earlier version, or is this recovering a backup of your file from that October 2023 timeframe?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Hav1027
    Hav1027 Member
    Options

Kristin

I did not recover a file I just copied existing file to my laptop from my desk top and then reverted back to version R52.33 on the laptop to see if it worked, and it does. So reverted Desktop back and One Step update is working and updating as they used to.

R52.33 is from October so again sometime after that one of the updates broke the OneStep updates.

Now I need to pay for another year and then make sure no updates install. How will I know when this issue is resolved so I can install all needed updates. Does not seem right that I need to pay for a new subscription to when I can't update.

Heather

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

What you describe indicates there may be some sort of software conflict that started after October, especially since rolling back to a version of Quicken from before the problem started is a work around for the issue. Is there any software that is common to both the desktop and laptop?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Hav1027
    Hav1027 Member
    Options

There has been no changes to my desktop it has everything it had before. But still had to go back to old version on my laptop for it to work. If I install all updates since October it does not work on either system.

It is extremely frustrating that it stopped working because I have alot of broker accounts that need to be updated so not really a good option to manually maintain.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Sometimes, an update to one or more programs can cause conflicts between programs that previously had no issues. One way to test if a conflict between programs is causing this issue is to create an alternate Admin account on one of your computers, install Quicken (but none of the other programs you use) on that new profile, and test to see if the current version of Quicken is able to run One Step Update without freezing while you're logged into that new Admin profile.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Hav1027
    Hav1027 Member
    Options

Thanks for the response I have chosen to not renew with Quicken. I have been having way too many issues with the software. The One step updates, not being able to set up connected accounts wrong balance pulling in. All these have been since updates in October.

I can manually add things for now no need to pay to do that and I have found another software that I am testing and seem promising. If Quicken can get the issues corrected I would go back since I have 20 years with the software.

Heather

This discussion has been closed.