Exporting Stock Price History from Quicken Mac

Options
Yield Chaser
Yield Chaser Member ✭✭
edited March 16 in Investing (Mac)

Is there a way to export the complete price history of a stock from Quicken Mac? All I can find is the ability to copy the price history to clipboard, one day at at time.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I'm not aware of there being a way to export the price history for a security from Quicken Mac. Unless this is for some non-publicly traded security, why would you need to? There are various websites (such as finance.yahoo.com) from which you can download security price histories.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Yield Chaser
    Yield Chaser Member ✭✭
    Options

That's essentially what I need it for, to get the price history for a de-listed stock. Any idea if this is at least possible from Quicken Windows?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

As a Mac-only user, I don't know. You might want to post your question again in a Quicken Windows category; many Windows users don't scan the Mac threads.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is possible from Quicken Windows, but the prices will not be transferred in a Quicken Mac to Quicken Windows conversion.

One can edit the price history of a security and "print it", with one of the output formats being CSV. Or the whole price history can be exported in QIF format.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Yield Chaser
    Yield Chaser Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Chris_QPW. Really wish Quicken Mac had this (and other) functionality. CSV files would be perfect for what I need.

This discussion has been closed.