Cannot connect to setup connection to e*Trade bank, CC-501

Options
Bernie M
Bernie M Member ✭✭

For at least the last two days, probably longer, Quicken Classic Premier V54.16, Build 27.1.54.16, will not allow me to setup One Step Update to e*trade bank. It gets to the step where it should connect and gives error message "Oops. We're having a problem CC-501".
Below that it says: What you should know. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time. Do not contact E*Trade Bank for assistance. They cannot fix this problem. Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience!

I discovered the problem when it wasn't downloading transactions for an account that has existed for years. When I looked at the details, it had somehow changed the Financial Institution from E*Trade Bank to a credit card that I had recently added!!! I deactivated online services, corrected the Financial Institution, and am now hung up with that error.

It does continue to work correctly for another account at the same bank!

Comments

• Bernie M
    Bernie M Member ✭✭
    Options

My problem appears to have started after February 1, 2024. I was able to do a Reconcile with downloaded transactions as of that date.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 23
    Options

Hello @Bernie M,

This error is usually caused on the bank’s end and means that the Quicken server is being blocked from connecting to the account. Typically these errors self-resolve within 24 hours. If you haven't already, we recommend reviewing this support article for more information.

As stated in the article, if the error persists for more than 24 hours, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files, and will likely need to file an escalation if they see fit.

Customer Support Team phone hours of operation are from 5 am - 5 pm PDT Monday-Friday.
    Chat Support is available 7 days a week from 5 am to 5 pm PDT.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bernie M
    Bernie M Member ✭✭
    Options

I'd like to subscribe to the email digest, but I can't find my Community Profile so I can't adjust the Preferences. How do I find my Community Profile?

• Bernie M
    Bernie M Member ✭✭
    Options

Clicking on the "here" link, https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871754/fyi-quicken-support-hours-of-operation#latest in the note from Quicken Anja gives me a screen that says:

Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

I apologize, it seems that that link was archived which is why it is inaccessible now. I went ahead and edited my comment to simply state the hours of operations instead.

Thank you for bringing attention to this!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.