PC Mastercard Download

Options
Help98
Help98 Member

Hi - I would like to import transactions from my PC Mastercard each statement period. Month one/statement 1 worked fine as it was the first month and I was able to reconcile perfectly. The month two/statement 2 export out of the PC website seemed to include transaction for at least a year ago, which then overrode the current information in Quicken and essentially erased any work/reconciliation that was done for month 1. And now can't reconcile (out by $10k when trying to reconcile using the online balances). My question is (1) how can I undo the more recent import and (2) is there a way to export just the most recent statement transactions from the PC website. Thank you!

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Help98,

Do you regularly save backups? You can restore from a backup that was created before importing the second statement. You can read more here.

Regarding exporting recent statements, I am unfamiliar with the PC Mastercard website. I advise calling PC for further assistance, it is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should not need to specify a date range when downloading transactions into Quicken because duplicate transactions are supposed be avoided by unique ID numbers that the financial institution assigns to each transaction. Quicken will recognize Downloaded IDs that are already in your file and not present (import) the same transaction twice. There can be situations where this doesn't work properly, e.g. with BMO Bank of Montreal Mastercard presently, but most of the time it works fine.

The first thing I suggest you do is add the Downloaded ID to the Quicken register (account) that is giving you the problem. Click on the gear icon in the top right, select Register Columns, and select Downloaded ID. Then check to see where you have duplicate transactions - do both transactions have a Downloaded ID and, if they do, are the Downloaded IDs the same of different between the duplicate transactions. It would be helpful if you could provide a screen shot of this for a least one pair of duplicate transactions.

This discussion has been closed.