Citi bank accounts not synching

Options

Since I updated the connection to Citi as prompted, no transactions are downloading when I synch (I have 4 bank accounts, no CC with them). I tried disconnecting an account and reconnecting and it says the connection is working, but no downloads. I have Quicken for Mac. Help!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Mark on qkn,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages? How long would you say that this issue has been occurring? Did it begin after a recent update? What is your connection method with Citi Bank? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mark on qkn
    Mark on qkn Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jasmine, I'm using Quicken Connect. The latest transaction I have downloading is from 1/12/24. I had received a notice by email on 1/11 that my Citibank connection is getting an update "for more reliable service" - ironically I suspect this is the cause of the problem.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Mark on qkn,

Thank you for providing more information. To clarify, you are not receiving any error codes or messages beyond the email that you received on 1/11?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Mark on qkn
    Mark on qkn Member ✭✭
    Options

That's right, no error messages; in fact Ive reconnected multiple times and each time it confirms that all my accounts are connected, but then nothing new synchs. Interestingly, on the mobile app it shows them all as closed, with a connectivity error. when I swipe to fix it says unable to connect to Citibank.

• Mark on qkn
    Mark on qkn Member ✭✭
    Options

This refers to the Quicken Classic version on my Mac : (That's right, no error messages; in fact Ive reconnected multiple times and each time it confirms that all my accounts are connected, but then nothing new synchs)

• Kathy Underwood
    Options

I have the same problem over and over again and again have done it but nothing changes

• schaferjds
    schaferjds Member ✭✭
    Options

Appears that others are reporting the same issue. On 1/11/23 received an email from Quicken stating that "Citibank connection is getting an update". On 2/7/24 received an email from Quicken stating "You will need to update by February 14, 2024". However, connection is failing.

With this issue being widespread, why hasn't Quicken sent out an email informing us that an issue exists along with an estimated resolution date? Please provide a status update.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @schaferjds,

What exactly is occurring when attempting to reauthorize your accounts? Are you receiving a blank screen? Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

Also, could you please provide screenshots of what exactly occurs when attempting to reauthorize your CitiBank accounts? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to hearing from you!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• schaferjds
    schaferjds Member ✭✭
    Options

Again, this appears to be widespread issue. I just need clarification from Quicken that they have acknowledged the issue and are working it with an estimated resolution date.

Steps I took:

Edit
    account details/Online services/Reset account

Add account/continue

Activate one step update/sign in

Browser opens to Citi

Enter user id and password then sign on

Select accounts - select CITI and future

Authorize access

Your accounts have been authorized

Returns to
    Quicken

Activate
    one step update/Link account to existing/Next

Account
    added/Finish

Account
    details/OK

Get an email from Citi: "As requested, Quicken now has access to your Citi® account
    information"

However,
    Citi account within Quicken doesn't update, last entry from 2/11/24.

I attempt
    an update on the Citi account and One step update summary reports 1 account
    updated - 0 transactions

No current
    transactions downloaded since 2/11/24

Note: I also tried to deactivate and reactive the account with no luck.

• schaferjds
    schaferjds Member ✭✭
    Options

Any updates?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @schaferjds,

I have merged your thread with an existing thread of users experiencing the same issue.

Please follow the instructions in my previous response to submit a problem report with your logs.

Let us know once you have done so!

-Quicken Jasmine

• schaferjds
    schaferjds Member ✭✭
    Options

Issue resolved after downloading as a new account twice. Had to merge my old account with the new account.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @schaferjds,

Thank you for coming back to update us. I am glad to hear that the issue was resolved for you!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.