Bug in Portfolio Value Dashboard

Options
Dandy60
Dandy60 Member ✭✭

Not sure where to report the bug, but there is one in the Home → Dashboard → Portfolio display.

When you select to hide an account, Hide account name in account bar and account list, I believe it should simply hide the account in the list, reports should be unaffected (dashboard is just really pretty reporting).

I have some old accounts I want to hide, but it annoys me that it messes with the dashboard😀

Comments

• Dandy60
    Dandy60 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just so it is clear, steps to reproduce is:

• For the account you are planning to hide, add a large entry to make it obvious if it is in the graph or not. ie) Add a $1 million deposit today.
    • Check the Portfolio Value dashboard, notice that it has the large entry in the graph.
    • Right click on an investment account you want to hide in the account list dock (one you added the $1 million deposit to).
    • click edit/delete account.
    • go to Display Options Tab, select Hide account name in account bar and account list.
    • Click OK.

Go to the dashboard, you will see that the account you hid is no longer appearing in the graph (it is listed in the list of accounts though for the dashboard's config) The values from the hidden account are simply not being counted, which is not the intention of this setting for reports.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Dandy60,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dandy60
    Dandy60 Member ✭✭
    Options

Reported, please feel free to close the chat.

This discussion has been closed.