TurboTax Import Failed (Error 2) - Tax Year 2023 TurboTax

Options

When trying to import TurboTax 2023 into Quicken Classic Business & Personal R54.16 I am getting Error code 2. TT has no password and has a short name to it.

I did send this problem via Report a Problem from within Quicken.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see this error also. I would tend to believe that "Error 2" means "There is an Error because it's 2 early to import TT files."

I don't believe TT2023 is anywhere near complete. I ran it today and encountered plenty of bugs indicating some features just aren't there yet. I would refrain from polluting my Quicken data with today's TT data even if it succeeded.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Wind_Woman
    Wind_Woman Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 22
    Options

What the heck programmers? Sigh…. I'm getting the error too, AGAIN!

I'm saddened by fact that this error is occurring for a 2nd year!!! It took WAY too long last year be able to import TY2022. I benefit from doing the import as I file my taxes, when the figures are fresh in my memory. Drat!

Not that the Quicken Tax Planner is that accurate in the end anyhow. Manipulate it as I may, QTax Planner never matches (or comes close!) to TurboTax. [The area I can't work around is that Quicken is not dealing with reinvested investment transactions correctly from a tax perspective. But that's for another thread I guess. ]

ANYHOW— If this error is gonna continue into the future, just let us manually input the data ourselves! Create a 'User Entered Previous Tax Year' with area to type the year & three data input boxes.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FYI

Last years "Error 2" wasn't fixed until June.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• mholcomb
    mholcomb Member ✭✭
    Options

I also am getting this message. It's now Mid March. Probably the most frustrating part of this is the error message itself: "Error 2" is of no value whatsoever, and that this happens year after year after year. At the very least the message should say something like "it's too early to be able to do this, please continue to try again every week until mid summer until we get around to fixing it when it will suddenly start working".

To me, it's ok if it takes time to fully support a file structure that keeps changing (which could be explained when I tried to import). But to continue to cryptically fail in the same way with each new tax season doesn't provide confidence that Quicken cares its customers.

And yes, I did submit a problem.

• George@16
    George@16 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same error, same lack of response. Why can't Quicken ever take a PROACTIVE measure like a popup that states the TurboTax Import function will not be available until AFTER XX/XX/XXXX?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited April 1
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-9601)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
    Options

Every year the same problem occurs when trying to import TurboTax data to use when planning for the next year. I am a long time user of Quicken. Although my history means that I still use it, I have totally stopped recommending it. Too many ongoing problems and "help" desk people who do not have the training or expertise to deal with issues.

• Jonn-63
    Jonn-63 Member
    Options

It's disappointing that this TurboTax import error is a continuing multi-year issue. I would like to see it fixed, or at least have the program warn that importing a current season TurboTax file may not work until mid-year. But more importantly, the Tax Planner should have a 'Preference' option to delete or at least hide all old TurboTax imported data. The user should always have the option to ensure that old TurboTax imported data is no longer being stored or used, and at that the very least can be hidden and never appear as a default.

• ERQArl
    ERQArl Member
    Options

As of May 1 this is not resolved. File import still generates Error 2.