Quicken frequently crashes during one step update &/or accepting downloaded transactions. Pt 2

Options

I read through the closed post titled "Quicken frequently crashes during one-step update &/or accepting downloaded transactions."

I have the exact same problem. I did not see a resolution.

Tagged:

Comments

• Backpacker
    Backpacker Member ✭✭
    Options

I have started having this issue as well in the last couple of weeks. I would say that maybe 40-50% of the time now, Quicken will close unexpectedly during the update.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Backpacker,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Do you recall exactly when the issue started? Did the issue start shortly after a program update, power outage, or unexpected program/computer shutdown? Do you keep your Quicken file directly on the C drive? If not, I recommend moving it to the C drive and making sure it is unsynced from any cloud service, then testing to see if the issue is resolved (being on a shared drive or synced to a cloud drive can sometimes cause unexpected/unwanted behaviors in Quicken). The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Backpacker
    Backpacker Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi, apologies for the delayed response. I'm not completely sure when the issue started, but probably in the last month or so. Definitely not a result of a power outage, or unexpected program/computer shutdown. My Quicken file has always been on the C: drive and is not synced to any cloud service.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Often, issues with the program crashing are caused by file-specific problems. To start troubleshooting, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.