Chase uploaded transactions - the payee says "Purchase"

Options

Windows. When i use one step update to upload transactions from my Bank (Chase) the payee says "Purchase" instead of the payee's name. These are all Chase Bill Pay transactions. This started happening a few months back and it's very time consuming to figure out who the payee was and correct it in quicken! Is there a way to rectify this?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jacquievanchik,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend checking to see if a Renaming Rule is changing the Payee after the transaction is downloaded to your register. To check that, right click on a transaction that is showing "Purchase" instead of the correct payee name.

If you see an option to "Revert to" option, then you should be able to change it back to the correct payee be selecting that option. It would also indicate that you may have a rule changing the payee name.

To check your Renaming Rules, go to Tools>Renaming Rules.

Look for the offending rule and edit or delete it as appropriate. (You can use the pencil icon to edit. The red - icon deletes.)

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.