a bug updating transaction exchange rate reports, does not 'stick'

Options
questionsforever
questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed a bug with the transaction exchange rate box on reports not using the exchange rate from the register for each transaction even if you download all the quotes AND even if you exit and restart Quicken. The only fix seems to be to change from cad currency in the report to us currency. uncheck the transaction exchange rate, and then do it again and check the box while moving the currency back to cad. Why does this occur?

In fact, why do I need to even reboot the program every time I enter a new transaction in order to make the currency exchange rate for that transaction in the register update from 1.0000 to whatever the exchange rate is for that day or moment?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @questionsforever,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-8409)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @questionsforever,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-8409)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.