Duplicate forum Member Names

Options
QuickUserPSP
QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta

It looks like duplicate user (member) names are allowed in this forum. When replying specifically to a member how does one determine which name is the correct one? Here is an example

When replying or adding a comment, I like to comment or reply directly to the person. As you can see above, it was not possible to determine which "Sue" to use.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @QuickUserPSP,

While our current system doesn’t allow duplicate member names to be created, the former platform system that was used for the Community, unfortunately, did which then also transferred over pre-existing duplicate names when the switch was made. This is why a lot of users have the same username. We do go through and edit these usernames when we come across them, though it takes some time as there tend to be a lot of them.

Hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @QuickUserPSP,

While our current system doesn’t allow duplicate member names to be created, the former platform system that was used for the Community, unfortunately, did which then also transferred over pre-existing duplicate names when the switch was made. This is why a lot of users have the same username. We do go through and edit these usernames when we come across them, though it takes some time as there tend to be a lot of them.

Hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Anja

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Thanks @Quicken Anja - that makes sense. I guess if I run across this situation again, I will err on the side of caution and not use a username when responding but glad to hear it's being addressed and not an ongoing issue.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

You're welcome! And if you come across it, feel free to flag the post to us moderators as well so we can go through and edit those duplicate usernames too. 🙂

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.