Quicken says "A free update is available" but when try to update says "latest version installed"

Options
Acygni1
Acygni1 Member

Version R54.16 on Windows 10. Started after last release.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Acygni1,

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the messages that you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what is your current release….. Help —> About Quicken

sometimes new releases are released in waves - staged - and so you might see that a new one is avail,
    but it isn't actually avail for you to download until a later point in time - when everyone has access -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Acygni1
    Acygni1 Member
    edited February 26
    Options

This occurs whenever I run update.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    Options

I'll just repost my comments from above -

what is your current release….. Help —> About Quicken

sometimes new releases are released in waves - staged -
    and so you might see that a new release is avail,
    but it isn't actually avail for you to download until a later point in time - when everyone has access to it -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Acygni1 - as @Ps56k2 mentioned your situation could be a result of a staged release. R54.16 is the latest published release.

But I think if you download the latest Mondo Patch, it might remedy the "circular" situation you are in. You can find the Mondo Patch here -

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Download the appropriate version US or Canada. I assume you are using the US version so you would need to download the "Latest Update (US Versions)". But first, please make a backup of your data file, just in case.

• Acygni1
    Acygni1 Member
    Options

Thankyou,

Downloading and installing the mondo patch corrected the problem.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

would have been helpful to everyone if you had answered what version you were running -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Ps56k2 the op did state that they were on R54.16 in their original post.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27
    Options

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Acygni1
    Acygni1 Member
    Options

Well the fix lasted for one update. I'm back to the original problem.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Acygni1 I am sorry to hear the issue has returned. If you haven't already tried validating your data file that would be a good troubleshooting step to start with.

Validate:

1. Click File on the Menu Bar
    2. Click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Check Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Super Validate:

1. Click File on the Menu Bar
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Check Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

The data file Validate is a good thing to try when you have any issue, or if things don't seem to be working right. As always, please make a backup of your data file before any troubleshooting steps.

The other thing to try is to restore a backup that was before when the issue first appeared.

Otherwise, if all else fails, I would just ignore that message for now, until the next release. You are on R54.16 which is the current release. It may be a situation where they have paused a staged release. If that is the case, it won't be too long before your "circular" situation will resolve itself.

• Acygni1
    Acygni1 Member
    Options

That didn't work either. It is interesting to note, however, that every time I run the patch, it works for a day then reverts to the same annoying thing.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Acygni1 at this point I would wait until the next Quicken Version Update and see that takes care of your issue. If it doesn't, please circle back.

• Acygni1
    Acygni1 Member
    Options

This appears to have been resolved with the latest update.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Acygni1 glad the issue is resolved and thank you for circling back and letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.