Citi duplicate transactions after reauthorizing (QMac)

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Citicards direct connect no longer working?

Comments

• Steve Ettlinger
    Options

CONTINUING PROBLEM WITH DOWNLOADING FROM CITIBANK…. afster re-authorizing, which apparently means all accounts must be with 'citicards' even if they are checking or savings accounts, I get many duplicate transactions. Q. tech says they can't fix that and Citibank tech sent me to Quicken tech support. SO I'm stuck. I have SIX accounts that will all have dupes going back as muich as 9 mos or more some times. UGH. Any suggestions? ANd why won't Q. admit this is an issue?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Steve Ettlinger,

To clarify, when you get these duplicate transactions, is it a one time thing (reauthorize the accounts, a bunch of duplicates download, but then it behaves afterwards), or does it constantly keep happening (getting duplicates every time you update your accounts)? This article provides a bit more information on duplicate transactions and what can cause them.

Reauthorizing shouldn't force you to change the connection that you are using from Citibank to Citi Cards. That said, if all of the accounts are under the same User ID/PW with the financial institution, then once you finish the authorization process through the financial institution website, the Add/Link screen in Quicken may show all of the accounts, rather than just the ones that you keep connected to Citi Cards. If that is what is happening, then what you can do to keep it from changing the connection method on the other accounts is to make sure the Add/Link screen shows "Ignore" for those accounts.

I can see when you talked to Support that they discouraged restoring a backup file because you'd then have to go through the reauthorize process again. While that is true, whether restoring a backup would be helpful or not would depend on your situation. Did all of your accounts with Citi need to be reauthorized? Do you get duplicates regardless of how they're connected, or would keeping the banking accounts connected to Citibank (instead of Citi Cards) prevent the duplicates in those accounts?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.