Unable to update accounts

Options

Just today I'm not able to run one step update. It starts after I enter my password, then says "processing data" and then disappears. My subscription just renewed. I'm a long time user and I've never seen this before.

Best Answer

• peterB_54
    peterB_54 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Anja, Success! Your tip reset the app, but then I needed to re-add the accounts. I had manually downloaded the transactions, so it couldn't do that. So I took care of those. I still had trouble with 1 account, but when I clicked on the cc-800 error link I got to a page saying I need to deactivate the broken account, and then re-add it. Ta-da!! So it's all good now, and I think I learned some good stuff.

Thanks for your time and help! 🔮⬆️

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @peterB_54,

Could you clarify what you mean by it “disappears”? Does One Step Update stop, or does the entire Quicken program shut down?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• peterB_54
    peterB_54 Member
    Options

Quicken stays open; it's just the one-step-update that's not working. After I click on one-step-update I enter my password, then the updating accounts window appears. It says "data processing" for all the accounts for a few seconds and then the "data processing" window disappears. It starts the process but fails and I'm looking at my registers again. Again, Quicken remains open.

I was able to go to my bank and credit card sites and download all my transactions, so that's good. But it's a pain to do them all one by one. Quicken has always been able to download them all in one step. What do you think happened? thank you….

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Thank you for following up with further details.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• peterB_54
    peterB_54 Member
    Options

Thanks Anja, that sounds like it might work! I'll let your know. ;o)

• peterB_54
    peterB_54 Member
    Options

It did restart the one step update but then it wanted me to add back my accounts. I have four accounts. I followed the instructions, but only 3 of them came up with the "link to existing account" option. My account came up as "don't add to quicken" with no drop down box option. I tried re-adding my account by clicking on the "circle with bar" icon next to it in the account bar. Same problem, it won't say "link to…", just "don't add".

10 tries later I've got all my accounts, but as new, duplicate accounts; instead of 4, I have 8. They did not link to the existing accounts, they just added themselves as new, duplicate accounts. Very frustrating.

I started by backing up quicken as you suggested and will go back to that backup now, and try again. But the program says, the c-800 error can occur if you restore from backup. Great. Wish me luck, I'll get back to you. Thanks for your time.

• peterB_54
    peterB_54 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Anja, Success! Your tip reset the app, but then I needed to re-add the accounts. I had manually downloaded the transactions, so it couldn't do that. So I took care of those. I still had trouble with 1 account, but when I clicked on the cc-800 error link I got to a page saying I need to deactivate the broken account, and then re-add it. Ta-da!! So it's all good now, and I think I learned some good stuff.

Thanks for your time and help! 🔮⬆️

• Quicken Anja
    Options

@peterB_54 Thanks for the update and sharing the additional steps you took to resolve the issue! Glad to hear it’s working now. 🙂

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.