One specific downloaded transaction doesn't post.

retird
retird Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Windows 11, Q Premier with latest update.

Issue started a few weeks ago.

We frequent the same restaurant about 4 times a month and have for years. We always get the same order and always the total bill is the same. We pay with the same debit card. The transaction always posts to the bank as normal.

When doing an OSU all of our transactions download and we see them and approve them and they then post…. except this 1 specific transaction no longer posts. We see it and approve it and it doesn't post to Quicken as it alway has up until a few weeks ago. Started doing this a few weeks ago.

Same thing happens on a 2nd computer with a different named data file for redundancy in case 1 computer crashes.

Getting tired of manually adding this transaction….

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29

Let me restate what you're seeing in my own words, just to make sure we're in agreement as to what's happening here:

1. You do an OSU and all transactions, including this particular restaurant transaction, download into the "Downloaded Transactions" window below the register.
    2. You select this transaction, and the transaction appears at the bottom of the register waiting for your acceptance. The transaction looks correct in all respects and is coded as "New."
    3. You click "Accept" and the transaction is listed as accepted in the "Downloaded Transactions" window, but the transaction itself is not entered into the register.
    4. You manually enter the transaction to get the Account Balance correctly stated.

If that's correct then one explanation might be that the transaction is being entered into the register as a "future dated" transaction, buried down below the current date among some future dated transactions you've previously entered??

Even if my guess is correct it seems that Official Quicken Support needs to be involved here.

(It does seem that other posts similar to yours have been cropping up recently so there may be some systemic problem with Quicken.)

• retird

I accept "all" transaction downloaded (all show "new") and this transaction is posted at the bank just like all the others and is not a "pending transaction" at the bank and not a future dated transaction. The date shown in the Downloaded Transaction window is not a future date.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Join the crowd. Note it doesn't matter what the financial institution is only that the Connection type is either Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect +

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • retird

THX for the links…. good to know it is a known issue here in the Community and many posts about it….. but is Q working on it??

I was just thinking this morning that February is turning to March tomorrow and NO Q UPDATE YET THIS MONTH…. how often do we see a month without any Q update???

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

THX for the links…. good to know it is a known issue here in the Community and many posts about it….. but is Q working on it??

Let me see, dozens of threads on it, hundreds of posts in some of those threads, a dozen different announcements on the subject by the moderators.

If they aren't working on it, we all might as well quit using Quicken because they have stop supporting it at all.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • retird

Well to update I am now seeing more additional transactions from additional vendors (not just the 1 mentioned above) not downloading over more than 1 account. All are accounts at Bank of Oklahoma.

This discussion has been closed.