How to manually import yearly transactions from PayPal

Options
BruceAWilson
BruceAWilson Member

I am trying to find out how I can download my 2023 transactions from Paypal to my Mac desktop computer in a format that my Quicken Classic Deluxe for mac (Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100)) can import.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

When you log into your PayPal account, do they offer downloads in QFX or "Quicken" format? If yes, and if they allow you down download as far back as 1/1/23, then you can download that file and import it into Quicken. (If they only offer a .csv download, that won't be of use.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

PayPal doesn't allow downloading transactions in QFX format. They offer CSV and QIF, and other "text"/PDF, none of which can be used by Quicken Mac.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

PayPal doesn't allow downloading transactions in QFX format. They offer CSV and QIF

Thanks, @Chris_QPW.

@BruceAWilson: There are third-party programs to convert CSV to QFX format. I haven't used them and can't vouch for them. And because they're basically a hack of Quicken's format, we can't name them here, but doing a Google search for CSV to QFX will lead you to what's out there.

Before that, have you connected your PayPal account in Quicken to download from PayPal? Many financial institutions only allow the past 90 days of transactions via this type of download, but PayPal may not have that limit.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BruceAWilson
    BruceAWilson Member
    Options

Thanks for the help.

This discussion has been closed.