No report info on Toolbar

Options
fitrich
fitrich Member ✭✭
edited April 23 in Reports (Windows)

I added an income/expense report to my toolbar so that I could quickly access it. However, when I click on the report, nothing happens. I'm dumbfounded. Or I'm just dumb. Can anyone help?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're not dumb. It's a long-standing bug that only reports at the top level of My Saved Reports & Graphs work from the toolbar. I will guess the report that isn't working for you is in a subfolder. Move it to top level and it should work.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh is that why? That's been bugging me for years. Thanks! That's way back in my Q2013 version.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this. I attempted to replicate the issue and found it quite tricky to get reliable results. I couldn't replicate it at all with Early Access features on, and with Early Access features off, it seemed random which reports in sub-folders would work and which ones would not. Is that consistent with what you are encountering? If not, could you please provide more detail on exactly how you are triggering this issue?

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina you may be on to something. I vaguely recall thinking this was fixed a few years ago. But I might just have encountered one of the "random" cases where it works properly. I don't even try anymore, I just put reports at top level if I want them in the toolbar.

Quicken has been so buggy for so long that I'm not terribly inclined to try to debug it, especially since this bug has such an easy workaround.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• fitrich
    fitrich Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you all for your responses. What do you mean by 'putting reports at top level'?

• fitrich
    fitrich Member ✭✭
    Options

BTW, this problem has not occurred before until I saved a report that did not have comparisons.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In my experience, you can use saved reports that are in a subfolder, by putting the subfolder on the Quicken Toolbar. I have several such subfolders with saved reports on my Quicken Toolbar, and all the saved reports run fine from there.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.