Random transactions not being downloaded for Amex and Chase Credit Cards

Options
William Smith Jr
William Smith Jr Member ✭✭✭

For about the past 2 weeks or so, I've found that Quicken (On current Mac 7.5.2 release) is not downloading random transactions for multiple Amex and Chase credit cards, which in turn leads to the inability to reconcile the accounts. I've tried disconnecting / reconnecting the accounts to those avail and ultimately just manually added the missing transactions since they weren't downloaded after waiting a few days. All accounts are setup to connect via Quicken Connect.

Any ideas what the underlying issue here may be?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @William Smith Jr,

The issues you describe are known issues. I recommend that you bookmark the Community Alert for American Express missing transactions and the Community Alert for Chase missing transactions.

Please follow these troubleshooting steps from the Community Alerts -

To troubleshoot American Express missing/not downloading transactions, please follow the steps below:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all the accounts associated with American Express (AMEX).
    3. Navigate to AMEX's website, (https://www.americanexpress.com/), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken. The steps to locate third-party apps within AMEX are below:
      1. Sign in
      2. Account Services
      3. Security and Privacy
      4. Manage third-party permissions
      5. Revoke authorization for Quicken
    4. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the AMEX accounts by using the "+" button.
    5. Carefully relink your AMEX accounts with the corresponding Quicken accounts.

To troubleshoot Chase missing/not downloading transactions, please follow the steps below:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Go to Accounts > Update Selected Online Account
    3. Follow any prompts to log in, if needed, and then update your accounts again

If the troubleshooting above does not resolve the issues, please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• amattas
    amattas Member
    Options

Just a heads up, this isn't random. It only happens for me (and happens for all transactions) ending in $.00

This discussion has been closed.