TRANSFER DEBIT TO transactions from Wells Fargo

Options
Downeast54
Downeast54 Member ✭✭

This issue happened in the past and it is back. When I update my accounts via Direct Connect my balance never matches the online balance. I found that the "TRANSFER DEBIT TO” transactions are not downloading all of the time. Some of these download fine and several are usually missing. I hunt them done and enter them manually to correct the issue. I should not have to go through this manual process. These accounts are with Wells Fargo. It looks like a bug to me.

Best Answer

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 2 Answer ✓
    Options

@Downeast54 that explains it. These amounts are most likely the same each time, so they are affected by the known issue I mentioned. Right now, a lot of users with accounts using Quicken Connect or Express Web Connect, are having an issue where transactions with duplicate dollar amounts are not downloading. The first transaction for 1.00 will download, but not subsequent 1.00 transactions for that day.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly what does that phrase mean? Transfer from what to what?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Downeast54 please confirm if you are using Direct Connect. You have posted other issues with Wells Fargo using Quicken Connect. Also "TRANSFER DEBIT TO" transactions are usually for transfer between credit cards. Please clarify where these transactions are coming from and what they are for.

But otherwise, there is a known issue where multiple transactions with the same amount are not being downloaded. But this issue hasn't been reported for accounts using Direct Connect.

• Downeast54
    Downeast54 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2
    Options

Using Quicken Connect. These are transfers when we use our debit card. Whole dollar amounts are transferred from the checking into savings. Could be $1.00 or more depending on the number of debit card uses in the day. So if we purchase something with the debit card we see the purchase plus a TRANSFER DEBIT TO transaction which move an additional $1.00 into savings. We can see that transfer in the Savings transactions.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited March 2 Answer ✓
    Options

@Downeast54 that explains it. These amounts are most likely the same each time, so they are affected by the known issue I mentioned. Right now, a lot of users with accounts using Quicken Connect or Express Web Connect, are having an issue where transactions with duplicate dollar amounts are not downloading. The first transaction for 1.00 will download, but not subsequent 1.00 transactions for that day.

• Downeast54
    Downeast54 Member ✭✭
    Options

These are not happening on the same day. Say I used my debit card 4 times in one day. The amount that I should see downloaded is $4.00. On some days that amount downloads just fine. On other days it does not show up in the checking account.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Downeast54 you are correct - the transactions do not need to be on the same day. This issue is affecting multiple FIs with EWC or EWC+ and the common theme is multiple transactions with the same dollar amount are not being downloaded.

• Downeast54
    Downeast54 Member ✭✭
    Options

So Quicken has not come up with a solution yet?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.