Banking Express Web Connect Downloads continually miss some transactions - ESSA Bank

Options
DGG47
DGG47 Member ✭✭

For several years now I have continuously experienced this problem whereby some transactions are not being downloaded using Express Web Connect. I have tried just about everything that I have seen posted to this site and nothing has worked . It mostly occurs on some automatic Electronic funds withdrawals by creditors from the account (ACH transactions) .

I have tried Updating the Account via the gear Icon, Deactivating the account, Disconnecting the account, Disconnecting all accounts associated with the Bank, Running a new isolated Test file of the entire account , Running a new isolated Test File on just the affected account, checking all hidden accounts for downloaded payees in hidden accounts , Eliminating the accounts and reinstalling fresh downloads from the Bank's site, and also talked with the bank about this issue to no avail.

The only way to get the missing transactions , is to manually download the quicken file from the bank's website for the period in question.

I am running Quicken R54.16 with Windows 10 Home

An suggestions would be apppreciated

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @DGG47,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Are the missing transactions recurring transactions that are almost always identical (aside from the date)? If so, it may be possible that the culprit is incorrect matching. To test that, try turning Automatic Entry off in the problem registers. Click this link for instructions on turning off automatic entry.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is an issue with the EWC method. Direct Connect is basically bullet proof and EWC+ is while not bullet proof, much better than EWC. I experienced missing transactions over the years with my bank's credit card account which used EWC. They swithched to EWC+ about half a year ago and the missing transactions have all but disappeared. I never considered going through all the fuss you have. I simply entered the missing transaction (generally one or two) and moved on.

• DGG47
    DGG47 Member ✭✭
    Options

Automatic entry of transaction is already turned off in both locations for all of my accounts.

As far as the missing transactions, the majority are re-occurring but there are cases where the one of a kind transactions are missed.

Because of the problem of missing downloaded transactions, I have reverted to manually entering all my transactions in the problem account (which is my primary checking account) so that I do not miss an entry . The downloaded transaction is only accepted after it is reviewed & compared to the my manual entry, at which point it shows up as a cleared transaction in the register.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.