No investment account balances

Options
bob@bene
bob@bene Member ✭✭

Why doen Quicken not download data from my RBC investment accounts even though they show as connected and bank balances do show in the setup screen. Balances do download on apps that use Plaid

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bob@bene,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Is the account set up to show Simple tracking or Detailed tracking? If it's set to Simple and you have the option, try changing it to Detailed.

To check which tracking you are using, click on the account to select it, then go to Accounts>Settings.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bob@bene
    bob@bene Member ✭✭
    Options

My bank (RBC Royal Bank) only supports the Simple method. Quicken will not allow me to select the Detailed without disconnecting from the bank. (see screenshot) If I set it to simple method then do a download the balances in the sidebar are deleted and show 0 balance. The values I had entered manually still show in the Dashboard and Portfolio tabs but the transaction tab is greyed out. The values do update based on daily quotes from Quicken.com but do not reflect any transactions on my bank statement i.e. dividends reinvested etc.

Is this what I am stuck with because of the limitations imposed by my bank.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To troubleshoot the $0 balance issue further, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly since they have access to tools we can't access on the Community and they are able to escalate the issue if needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

If the financial institution gives you the option to download .QFX files, then you may be able to update your account through Web Connect (download .QFX files then import into your Quicken).

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.