My accounts are a mess .....

Options

I have been using quicken for 20 years. A few years ago the problems began with duplicated entries and now my accounts are such a mess I think i need to start over or just cancel it altogether.

Replaced credit cards have missing entries, My primary checking account isn't updating but the the reserve account is…Ugh!!!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @degriff28,

To assist, please provide additional information. Are the duplicate entries happening in one account, multiple accounts, all accounts? What is duplicating (for example, are you putting transactions in manually, then getting duplicates when the transaction downloads)? What action seems to trigger these duplicates? Which financial institution(s) is this happening with (or is this happening with manual accounts)?

Which financial institution(s) are the replaced credit cards with? If you haven't done so already, please follow the steps in this article to troubleshoot missing transactions.

Which financial institution is your primary checking account with? When was the last successful update? Is the account showing connected in your Quicken? To check, go to Tools>Account List. If it is connected, you will see the word "Yes" in the Transaction download column for that account.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

too bad you didn't fix things when the problems started years ago -

Now it's really hard to fix things that have gotten worse since then…
    As a long time 20 year user - I'm guessing you have tried Validate, Super Validate, along with creating a File —> Copy ….. etc -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.