Paycheck Split Line disappearing at random

Options

Anyone else having issues with Paycheck Split lines disappearing. I have had to correct this several times and they just randomly disappear totally messing up the tax planner. I'm on windows version R54.9. I did see a thread from last year there was an issue with version R49 removing spilt lines. I would think this issue would have been addressed and corrected by Now. How can we trust the integrity of the software if it randomly removes data.

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Mark Chamberlin,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Do you keep your Quicken file on a shared drive or synced with a cloud service? If you're not sure, you should be able to tell by checking the file location. The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

If the file is on a shared drive or synced to a cloud service, since that can cause unwanted/unexpected behaviors, please try moving it directly to your C drive and unsyncing it from any cloud services, then test to see if the issue persists.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mark Chamberlin
    Mark Chamberlin Member ✭✭
    Options

I probably noticed this around February 15th the file does reside on the local C drive.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When data vanishes like that, it indicates a file-specific issue. To start troubleshooting, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

If the issue persists after you have completed the Validate/Super Validate, then please try restoring a backup from before the issue started.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.