Wells Fargo Downloads (Credit card trans) are again missing.

Options
Bob@53
Bob@53 Member ✭✭

This prior thread was CLOSED no doubt because I posted that I had begun having successful transaction downloads from Wells Fargo credit card account. Thus someone closed the thread. But, alas, it is something out of "The Shining" movie — "I'M BACK" .

As promised, if the problem returned I would report it. I'm now reporting this off and on problem is back. My last download of February data was missing 15 consecutive transactions from about 2/2/2024 to 2/18/2024. I went to the Wells account and exported transactions in both .QFX and .CSV formats for that period. From within Quicken I tried importing the .QFX file into the registry. NO LUCK. (Aas before the import of QFX files doesn't seem to work). It seemed to go thru the process, but the missing transaction's did NOT appear in the registry. Mercifully I had the ..CSV file to aid in HAND POSTING the missing 15 transactions (more PITA) .

WHY THE HECK CAN'T QUICKEN AND WELLS get together and fix this issue??????? It's a huge failure on their part and a huge pain for us users.

I'd be interested if others are now, once again, having this issue which goes back years now.

Bob Alder

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Bob@53,

What is your connection method with Wells Fargo? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. You mentioned having this problem before, have you contacted Quicken Support directly for assistance? Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to download transactions or import the QFX file? Can you open the QFX file separately from Quicken and see the missing transactions?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Norman Drews
    Norman Drews Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine Which connection type should we be using?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Norman Drews,

Thank you for joining this thread.

Are you experiencing a specific issue?

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bob@53
    Bob@53 Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine asks "What is your connection method with Wells Fargo?" For the Wells Credit Card account it is "Express Web Connect+" which is the same method as used for all my other credit card downloads which work flawlessly. So, that isn't the explanation for missing Wells transactions.

Now to the other part of my above posting — the import of the a QFX not working. When I was looking at "Tools > Accounts" to review the connection method, I saw an account listed and titled "Credit Card at Wells Fargo Bank". I say to myself, "What the heck is this? " Lo' and behold it was a newly established account that had the missing transactions and was created by importing the QFX file which I said didn't import. So, the import of the QFX file did work, but the transaction just didn't land in the account which I thought they were supposed to land in, i.e my existing Wells Card account register which is named "Wells - Visa (0807)." Rather it created a new account and register. Actually I prefer that import results go to a newly established account. That lets me review them first. Although I'd already manually entered all the missing transactions into my Wells "Visa (0807" register, in the future I'll know after an import of a QFX file to look in a newly created account and then Copy/Paste them into the account ledger where they really belong. (I see copy/paste or even "Move" transactions all at once can be done from one ledger to another.) That would beat then heck out of hand posting them one at a time using the .csv data file.

So, disregard my **** about importing a QFX file not working. It did work, but unbeknownst to me they went to a different place (a newly created accounts register). Who knew? And I never thought about just inspecting the QFX file by opening it in Quicken separately. A good hint of how to "Preview" a QFX file.

Of course, it would be better if QUICKEN/WELLS would just fix the missing download issue in the first place.

Jasmine, thank for your input. It even helped me discover the QFX import issue.

Bob Alder

This discussion has been closed.