System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

United Nations Federal Credit Union will not download, no error messages

Comments

• bwanja
    bwanja Member
    Options

I also have not been able to connect to UNFCU for a number of weeks now (from around mid-February). I’m now getting error cc-503, however I have not changed my password and have no problems signing into the UNFCU website directly. Please help resolve this issue soon.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bwanja,

To troubleshoot a CC-503 error, please follow these steps from the article on CC-503 (invalid credentials)errors:

Step One: Verify your bank login information

1. Type your password/PIN into a text application, such as Notepad, WordPad, or other text/word application. 
      • Note: This is a way of confirming you don't have typographical errors in this field.  
    2. Highlight the "confirmed" password and then copy it (Ctrl + C) and paste it (Ctrl + V) into the appropriate fields in Quicken.

Step Two: Verify your bank login at the bank's website

1. Go to your bank's website and confirm that you're able to log in with the expected username and password.
    2. Once you are logged in, review your account at the website for notifications (such as pending messages in a mailbox or message center) to confirm if further action is required to grant Quicken access. 
      • Some banks will require a separate login, password, or both to access accounts on third-party software. Also note, you may need to go to your settings at the website to access these prompts for new credentials. 

New passwords: If you are required to make a new password, be aware that some special characters may cause errors in Quicken. These special characters are the ampersand (&), left carat (<), right carat (>), backslash (\), and forward slash (/). Additionally, while Quicken does not have a character limit, your bank may have one. 

Step Three: Update your password(s) in Quicken

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Choose Tools > Account List.
    3. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    4. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    5. Click Reset Account.
    6. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the reset. 
    7. If prompted, carefully LINK the accounts found to the existing accounts in Quicken. 

After the reset process is complete, attempt your online session again. 

If the issue persists

Try Deactivating and Reactivating the affected accounts:

• Choose Tools > Account List.
    • Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    • In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    • Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    • Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    • Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    • Return to the Online Services tab and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.

Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• patruns
    patruns Member ✭✭
    Options

Please reread the original poster's comments again. They only recently started getting the cc-503 error. The original problem is they are no longer able to connect the their bank. Exact same problem several of us are having trying to connect to the United Nations Federal Credit Union. Started happening about a month ago.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @patruns,

The recommended troubleshooting steps are based off of the error code. The CC-503 error indicates that when trying to connect/update, the financial institution server is saying the credentials are incorrect.

If you have done the troubleshooting from my earlier post and the issue persists, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance since they have access to tools we on the Community can't access and they are able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    Options

I just started having the exact same problem today (3/25/24). I've tried the above, even deactivated the UNFCU accounts to no avail. Historically download issues for UNFCU resides between Quicken and the UNFCU, not on the user end. Interestingly, 3 of my four UNCFU previously working accounts had been deactivated without user input, something likely is triggering the latter within the Quicken code. Also, never get prompt for 2SV now.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @clorup,

If you have done the troubleshooting from my earlier post and the issue persists, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance since they have access to tools we on the Community can't access and they are able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    Options

Having same issue here. Can't be just the individual. Has to be an issue between Quicken and UNFCU. When I try to re-add UNFCU online account, I get three separate options, none of them work. What's the "New Lo" option? (Presume it's cutoff for "New Login"?)

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    Options

And the system never gets to where it prompts for the 2SV code, which may be useful for debugging this issue

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The UNFCU download is back up and running as of 3/29/2024 2PM Eastern Time for me. I had to reactivate my four UNFCU accounts using the 'Tools - Add Account' and selecting the 'United Nations FCU' data source. System did prompt me for 2SV twice though, but then it worked. Thank you!

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for returning and letting us know that the issue has been resolved for you! We're glad to hear it is working now.

To all others in this thread; has this issue been resolved for all of you as well, or is anyone else still continuing to experience an issue?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Problem has returned. System does not even prompt for 2SV before issuing CC-503. Sounds like Quicken and the UNFCU needs to communicate …

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    Options

Has this problem been reported again to the proper channels and is being looked at? Still an issue…

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The problem is still recurring. Never get to the 2SV step when running the download for all accounts - just issuing same 503 error code. However, I have now started to do Tools - Add Account without bothering to first remove the download links for my four UNFCU accounts and that seems to get through albeit one has to go through two rounds of the 2SV steps, 1) to relink to the existing accounts and then 2) get pending TXs downloaded. But it gets me the activity. Instead, I have for now removed UNFCU from the all accounts download and instead set my account alerts on UNFCU.com up to email me whenever there are transactions pending, so I only go through this workaround overhead manually whenever there is something to download from the UNFCU. A nuisance, yes, but a workaround to get my activity until Quicken and the UNFCU get their heads together and figure out what is going on.

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    Options

Which of the account "types" are you using from the Add Account list? I can't seem to get any of them to work…

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I use the UNFCU as data source, my various account types are saving, checking, credit card, etc.

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, yeah…none worked for me. What's confusing is, you can search for account types by "UNFCU" or "United Nations" and there are so many listed for no good reason. That needs to be cleaned up.

I gave up and used the QFX download to keep my accounts updated for now…

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Whenever they fix things, and you resume auto download, then make sure your manual (QFX) comes down as "match" and not as "new" transactions. Override if need be.

• YG_1221
    YG_1221 Member
    Options

Any update on this error? Happening for me too.

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It has been working for several days now for me. However, I only download UNFCU when I get an alert email from the UNFCU that there are transactions pending. And then only for all my UNFCU accounts as a standalone UNFCU only download, NOT as part of the One Step Update. My guess, maybe something to do with the apparently unique demands of the 2SV required by the UNFCU complicating things (timeout?) when part of the One Step Update.

Since it works for me now, consider trying deactivating all your account downloads and do the Tools - Add Account using the UNFCU data source to see if it clears things for you for the UNFCU download alone, removing its download from the One Step Update settings.

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    Options

Do we know which of the UNFCU account types in my previous screenshot is the working one? Or do all of them manage to connect?

@clorup I do the same...only download once every other week. Needing to do 2FA defeats the streamlining of One Step Update (since I download over half a dozen other accounts w/o 2FA).

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Currently, I use the UNFCU data source. At other times I have successfully used United Nation FCU, so I believe both works. That 'other location' one appeared back when the UNFCU had some sort of special project (possible for testing during the time used to migrate to a new UNFCU online platform) and was never removed afterward, but I never used it - so do not know for sure - so take it for what it is worth.

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@evillama Instead of doing periodic downloads given the UNFCU's unique 2SV demands, I set up transaction alerts on UNFCU.com to send emails whenever there is any UNFCU transaction not = zero in any account. That way I do not need to remember to download periodically plus I will know whenever anything happens, even something unexpected since it seems the world we live in these days occasionally result in erroneous or fraudulent activity.

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    Options

@clorup Just realized, I have that turned on as well, but only for Checking. When interest comes in for the Savings accounts I don't get notifications as I figure when I do sync Checking it will update the other accounts anyway.

I'll try connecting again today. Thanks!