Downloading Transactions from Ally Bank

Options

This has been going on for months. I have spent hours on the phone with Quicken and it is still unresolved. Neither quicken or Ally bank will take responsibility. Very Frustrated.

Answers

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have no issues downloading transactions from Ally Bank, and never had any issues. So, the problem is not with Quicken or Ally Bank. The issue must be with your data file. Have you tried resetting the account and/or de-activating and re-activating the account? I'm sure Quicken Support took you through this, so the first troubleshooting step I'd try is creating a new data file. In the new data file, create a test Ally account and see if that resolves the issue.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @mirving18,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. What is happening when you download from Ally Bank? Are you missing transactions? Is nothing downloading? Are you getting error messages? Are you getting a $0 balance? What kind of account(s) are you having this issue with (checking, savings, credit, investment, etc)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mirving18
    mirving18 Member
    Options

Thank you for trying to help me. I have 4 Ally accounts, one of which is an Ally credit card. That is the only account that will not download. I am not getting an error message, nothing happens when I update. The last update was 11/23/23 and that is the balance showing. Nothing since.
    I hope you can help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately, this is a known issue. Ally currently supports transaction download for checking accounts only. Please see this FAQ for more information.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• haroldwolf
    haroldwolf Member
    Options

I just discovered by adding the account Ally Bank that several new sub categories are listed. In the past, Ally Bank worked and it contains all of my history. It no longer updates under this category. By adding a new account using +, under Ally a sub category called investing came up. This appeared to connect. However, it is a new account and contains only current history and the current balance that is added to the total and therefore doubling the amount of the deposit. Under the new account edit feature, Ally Investing is listed. The original account shows Ally Bank. The trick is to find out how to merge the two so history is not lost. I will have to contact support for this.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @haroldwolf,

If you are trying to copy your history from the old (no longer connected account) to the new (connected account), then this FAQ may help:

If the account is an investment account, then this article on moving investment transactions may help.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.