FIND feature - still broken after the latest update installed March 7, 2024

Options
Lee Boszak
Lee Boszak Member ✭✭

R55.12 Find on NU06 produces over 8900 items. And if I try to Report a problem with screenshots it fails. Screenshots attached here.

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Lee Boszak after some testing I found that the issue only occurs when you search on "Any field" and include any number(s) in the search box. Any text that is also included in the search box is either ignored or used as a number separator. The end result is that only the number(s) are included in the search. That is why searching on "NU06" produced so many results. It searched only on "6".

This same behavior also happens when you do a "Search and Replace".

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Lee Boszak I know this doesn't help you with the issue at the moment, but this shows that the programmers should be able to narrow the issue down to find a solution.

• Lee Boszak
    Lee Boszak Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, that helps. And I sure hope it helps the programmers as you mentioned.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (CTP-8252)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Brian112
    Brian112 Member ✭✭
    Options

• 1. Should treat all fields as the same for searching, sorting, or replacing. Includes [check numbers] and [note]s. Data is data, all stored in different fields.. I sometimes use check numbers as predictors to how much all credit card account transactions will sum up to in a billing cycle. Don't say " use memo", as that field is often full of self reminders, codes, and such, and field size is limited.

2. Quicken recently added the ability to change several fields at once. Fine thing to do! I like that, but it won't do a reconcile at the same time as other edits, so what's the point there?

3. Search and replace should operate on string to string basis, like replacing "Bank Visa etc xxxxxxxxxx" to "Regions Bank etc. xxxxxxxxxx" It should do like excel or quattro: Search "Bank" Replace with Regions Bank, and get "Regions Bank Visa etc xxxxxxxxxx". The current search/replace functionality would replace the WHOLE FIELD "Bank Visa etc xxxxxxxxxx" with "Regions Bank"..

4. Nested Boolean search operations/expressions would be nice. e.g., Find ((A #AND# B) #OR#C) with arithmetic precedence, but I can see it might be problematic. And make them available in FIND not just FIND/REPLACE. Otherwise, what's the point there?

5. Using matching data to link transaction memos, for example, should offer the user the opportunity to copy the field content to the linked transaction memo. A time saver. That's the mission of Quicken: saving time!

This discussion has been closed.