Is Paycheck Wizard Still Broken?

Options
dprud65
dprud65 Member ✭✭

I'm using the most recent version of Quicken Classic for Windows. I continue to struggle with the paycheck wizard. Multiple different type of errors such as not posting or posting twice or switching between a "paycheck" transaction to a "split" transaction. Last time I contacted support, they said to remove Sync, but is this the only fix? I need Sync. When I use the split transaction rather than paycheck then budgeting doesn't work right. All previous posts on this issue are not resolved and closed. Should I abandon any further time on trying to fix this?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dprud65,

To help with this issue, please provide more information. Do you recall when this issue started? If you use more than one Quicken file, does this happen in all of your files? Where do you store your active Quicken file(s)? If you keep the file(s) on a shared network drive or synced with a cloud service (like OneDrive or Dropbox), you may want to try moving to the C drive and keeping the file(s) unsynced from cloud services to see if that prevents the issue from recurring. The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kevinholeton
    kevinholeton Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue. It's saving to OneDrive. How do I change it to my C: drive?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @kevinholeton,

There may be some variation depending on which version of Windows you use, but in general, to save to the desktop or documents folder that is not synced to OneDrive, you would first go to File Explorer (that's usually a folder icon on your task bar).

In the File Explorer, on the left side, scroll down to Local Disk (C:) and click on that. Then double click on the Users folder.

Once you open the Users folder, it should show you the different user profiles on your computer. You will want to double click on the file with your user profile for the name. Once in that folder, you will want to double click on the folder you're going to want your Quicken file in (usually Desktop or Documents).

Once you have that folder open, leave that window open and open your Quicken program. Go to File>Show this file on my computer.

Close your Quicken program (it is very important to have your Quicken file closed before you move it). You should now have 2 file explorer windows open. One with your Quicken file highlighted and the other the destination folder you intend to move the file to.

Now you should be able to drag and drop the file from it's current location to the folder you want it to be in. Once you have moved it to the new location, make sure to double click on the file to open your Quicken. This will show the Quicken program the new location for the file, so it will be able to open with that file up when you open the program.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• dprud65
    dprud65 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello,

It started probably about 6 months ago. My data is saved locally (always keep on this device), but syncs with One Drive. So if I understand you correctly, it cannot be linked to One Drive at all?

Thank you

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

We do not recommend having your main Quicken file synced with a cloud service (review this article for more information). It's okay to have backup files synced with a cloud service (provided that you unsync the file prior to restoring it and using it as your main file).

If you need to keep your main Quicken file synced with OneDrive, then please make sure that you have OneDrive paused while you are using your Quicken file (this prevents OneDrive from accessing the Quicken file while you are using it, which is the primary thing that causes issues). It is also wise to make frequent backups so that if something does go wrong, you have a recent backup to restore from.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.