After software update 55.12, "One Step Update" crashes every time

Options

I have a Quicken Starter subscription running on Windows 11, One Step Update has been running flawlessly until I recently updated software to R-55.12. Ever since, the program immediately crashes everytime I try to do a One Step Update.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @DaveSchief,

To start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DaveSchief
    DaveSchief Member
    Options

Anja - Thanks, but I tried your suggestion twice. As before, once I click "One Step Update", the Quicken program immediately closes.

• DaveSchief
    DaveSchief Member
    Options

Anja - Just updated to Version 55.13 and this bug seems to have now been fixed.

• Dhinla
    Dhinla Member ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic]

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

@DaveSchief thanks for the update! Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. 🙂

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

When an update is available I always do a Mondo install. I did a Mondo install for R55.13 last night on just one of my computers and the install went without issue. I opened and closed Quicken Premier numerous times without issue but I didn't try to do an OSU until this morning.

The OSU completed without issues this morning with no error messages and no missing or misplaced transactions.

EDIT: Just finished doing a Mondo installation (9:48 am CST) on my 2nd computer and the install went without issue. Opened Quicken Premier several times with no issues. Restarted the computer and opened Quicken and completed an OSU getting no error messages, and no missing or misplaced transactions.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

This discussion has been closed.