Quicken Mac and Windows Citibank Reauthorization Issue

Options

Every time I do a quicken update (on Mac or Windows) I am prompted to reauthorize my Citibank Credit card accounts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @gregoryahaines,

If you are receiving a reauthorization prompt every time you update your accounts in Quicken, that indicates that Quicken still sees at least one Citi account that is still on the old connection. The reauthorization screen should show you the name(s) of the account(s) it thinks still need to be reauthorized (see sample images below).

You would want to take note of the account name(s) Quicken shows you. Is it an active account(s) that should be connected in Quicken? If not, then you can correct the issue by backing up your file and deactivating the account(s).

If the account(s) is active and should be connected, then you would want need to review your accounts to find the problem account and also identify if there are any extra/duplicate accounts connected in your Quicken.

In Quicken for Mac, you can review your accounts by going to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. Backup your Quicken file, deactivate the problem account(s) (which would be the account(s) Quicken says needs to be reauthorized), and delete any duplicate accounts. Once that is done, go to Accounts>Add Account and follow the prompts, being careful to link the account(s) to the correct account in Quicken (If it says "Add as a new account", then it will add the account instead of linking to an existing account).

In Quicken for Windows, you can review your accounts by going to Tools>Account List. Backup your Quicken file, deactivate the problem account(s) (which would be the account(s) Quicken says needs to be reauthorized), and delete any duplicate accounts. Once that is done, go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts, being careful to link the account(s) to the correct Nickname in Quicken (If it says "Add as a new account", then it will add the account instead of linking to an existing account).

After completing these steps, please run an update to confirm if the issue is resolved. If the issue is not resolved, please post a screenshot of the reauthorization message you are seeing (with any personal information redacted, since this is a public forum) so that I can assist you further.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.