How do I add Interest Rate as a column on a report

Options
jennam
jennam Member ✭✭
edited April 12 in Reports (Windows)

Hello,

I want to create a report that will give me my bank balances and the interest rates. I updated the interest rate information in the account details, but I cannot find a report that will let me report on that information.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 9 Answer ✓
    Options

@jennam - for non-credit accounts it's a bit more difficult. You can print an Account List report with the option "show more details" but the report is not pretty. I think if you put the interest rate for your accounts in the Description field, you can run a "regular" Account List and they will all show up in one report that is easily readable.

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@jennam look on the Property & Debt tab. Select "Debt and you should see all your credit accounts with the percentages you entered. You can also print a report by doing a [Ctrl+P] while you are on that screen.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There isn't one.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• QuickUserPSP
    edited March 9 Answer ✓
    Options

@jennam - for non-credit accounts it's a bit more difficult. You can print an Account List report with the option "show more details" but the report is not pretty. I think if you put the interest rate for your accounts in the Description field, you can run a "regular" Account List and they will all show up in one report that is easily readable.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go to Tools > Account List and select the group of account you want to include. There is no way to select specific accounts.

Click on Options at the bottom. Select Include additional info when printing and the columns you want to include in the report.

Then click on the printer icon at the bottom left to print the report.

QWin Premier subscription
  • jennam
    jennam Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you to those that helped to solve my issue. It was not the answer I wanted, but you got me to my goal. I appreciate you

So the answer is, duplicate the information in a field that was not intended for that purpose, or print a report as a .txt or tab delimited file and do a bunch of manual manipulation.

I am so surprised that this information cannot be added as a column on Account Balance Report. I have been using quicken for as long as I can remember. They keep adding things, which is nice, but reports really need a lot of work. If I have the data in the system, in a discreet field, I should be able to report off it. What is the point of having the field?

Anyway, thanks bunches to a great community.

This discussion has been closed.