Budget items - Credit Cards

Options

Quicken Premier WIN: I want to have my current payments and my anticipated payments to a credit card be included in my budget amount. I automatically download info from the credit card website.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Akandys,

To assist with this, please provide more information. Do you have both the credit card and the account you use to pay the card in your Quicken file? If so, do the credit card payments show as a transfer between the two accounts in your Quicken register? If so, you would need to make sure to include the relevant Transfer In/Transfer Out to your budget.

Anticipated future payments can be added to your budget if you have bill reminders set up for them. That said, credit card bills tend to be more variable than utility bills, which makes it harder to have a bill reminder series that reflects the actual amount due and/or current balance.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Akandys,

To assist with this, please provide more information. Do you have both the credit card and the account you use to pay the card in your Quicken file? If so, do the credit card payments show as a transfer between the two accounts in your Quicken register? If so, you would need to make sure to include the relevant Transfer In/Transfer Out to your budget.

Anticipated future payments can be added to your budget if you have bill reminders set up for them. That said, credit card bills tend to be more variable than utility bills, which makes it harder to have a bill reminder series that reflects the actual amount due and/or current balance.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• Akandys
    Akandys Member
    Options

Thank you Kristina. Your information was very helpful.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad the information was useful.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.