Quicken Mobile App is not syncing with my current QMac data file (edit)

Options

My question is about Quicken Classic companion app for iOS, version 7.0.2 running under iOS 17.4 on an iPhone SE 3rd generation.

On my Mac, I'm using Quicken Classic Premier for Mac, Version 7.5.2, on macOS 13.6.1.
My bank is Meritrust Credit union.
I connect with my bank using Quicken Connect.

I recently had a problem with Quicken Classic for Mac, and after consulting with Quicken Support and this community, I solve that problem by creating a new Quicken data file with a new name. But now, the companion app on my iPhone is still linking to the old data file, which has two months of missing transactions. It appears that the Quicken Cloud is still linking to the old data file as well.

My old data file was called Haley Finances. The new data file (which is current and correctly linking to my bank) is called Haley Home.

How do I get these all synced to the same data file?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

How do I get these all synced to the same data file?

You can't. Well, not without figuring out how to get the old data in the new Desktop data file. I will let a Quicken Mac expert guide you and you might do that with a QXF export/import. But the data file and the "Quicken Cloud dataset" that the Mobile/Web use for their data are a matched set, with the Quicken Desktop being the "master/complete" data. You can't move/combing a Quicken Cloud dataset to another Quicken Desktop data file.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JohnnyBill
    JohnnyBill Member
    Options

Specifically:

Quicken on my Mac links to the data file Haley Home, but Quicken on my iPhone links to the old data file, Haley Finances. Why is the iPhone linking to the old data file, while the Mac is linking to the current data file? How do I get Quicken on my iPhone to link to the same data file that Quicken on my Mac links to? This should be a simple and straightforward process. How can I accomplish it?

• JohnnyBill
    JohnnyBill Member
    Options

Where is the iPhone app finding the old data file and linking to it?? The Mac app knows and links to the new one. Where is the Mac app finding the new data file and linking to it??

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Every data file has a unique Id embedded in it when it is created. This and your Quicken Id basically are used to decide with Quicken Cloud dataset it will connect to.

Think of it as The Quicken Id gives you access to all your Quicken Cloud datasets, and it is the unique Id in the Quicken Desktop data file that picks the one to use out of all those datasets. You can't change that unique Id. And just for completeness I will also say that if you have both Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows data files the Quicken Cloud datasets for these are separated too.

I don't know how to show this on Quicken Mac (it might be a "Cloud log file"), here is what it looks like in Quicken Windows:

This from the Quicken Desktop perspective, which is the "master", the initial/master/complete data is synced from the Quicken Desktop data file to the Quicken Cloud dataset with that above data set ID.

From Quicken Mobile/Web's perspective the only place they can get their data is the Quicken Cloud dataset, which again the "pool of datasets" is accessed by login in with your Quicken Id.

These are my "datasets" in Quicken Web. There is a similar selection in the Quicken Mobile App.

If I pick a different Quicken Cloud dataset, I'm also picking a different Quicken Desktop data file. There isn't any way to transfer data between different Quicken Cloud datasets.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The old data file should be showing the old dataset's data, and the new data file should be showing the new dataset's data.

If that isn't true, I don't know what is going on. I do suspect though if a moderator jumps in here (or you talk to Quicken Support) they are basically going to tell you to resync which will erase whatever is in the Quicken Cloud dataset and push what is in that Quicken Data file to it.

Signature:
  • JohnnyBill
    JohnnyBill Member
    Options

Thanks, guys, for all your help. I finally was able to choose the correct data file in Settings in the mobile app. It does seem like I was making it harder than it should have been, but I'm happy now. 🙃 Thanks again for your help and your patience with my many questions!

This discussion has been closed.