Can't add NYS deferred comp account or NY 529 to Quicken, error cc-501

Options

Hi! I'm new to Quicken (part of the Mint exodus). I can't add my NYSDCP account or NY 529 account to Quicken, even though it says they are both supported for online connections. The error message I get for both of them is cc-501. Here is a screenshot of the NYSDCP one, but it is the same message for both accounts:

Is anyone else currently having issues with NY 529 or NYSDCP accounts? I already submitted feedback to Quicken from the Quicken interface using "something is broken" on a combined ticket regarding both account connection failures. Is there anything else I can do? Do I need to go back and submit the issues separately? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @spren518,

This error is usually caused on the bank’s end and means that the Quicken server is being blocked from connecting to the account. Typically these errors self-resolve within 24 hours. If you haven't already, we recommend reviewing this support article for more information.

As stated in the article, if the error persists for more than 24 hours, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files, and will likely need to file an escalation if they see fit.

Customer Support Team phone hours of operation are 5 am - 5 pm PDT Monday-Friday.
    Chat Support is available  7 days a week from 5 am to 5 pm PDT.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• spren518
    spren518 Member
    Options

Thank you, Anja.

I just finished chatting with support. According to support, NY 529 @ nysaves.org does not allow the 529 account type to sync with Quicken. This is silly, because that is the only type of account present at the institution. I asked if it could be listed as a known issue in the community so that other users didn't waste the same time that I did talking with support, but they said no because it is not a known issue(?), the reasoning being that Quicken connects to NY 529's login, but NY 529 has not authorized Quicken to access 529 account types (again, the only account type present at NY 529.)

With regards to NYSDCP, they said that apparently there is 3rd-party security clearance needed from within the NYSDCP dashboard or possibly by phone, but I have looked multiple times and there is nothing about 3rd party security in any of the user settings or menus within the NYSDCP dashboard as of 3/20/2024. I may inquire further with NYSDCP phone support, but it feels like a waste of time.

Long story short: Quicken support says it is the other party's problem in both cases and there is nothing they can do about it.

Functionally, this means the only realistic option for Quicken users with NYSDCP or NY 529 accounts is adding them manually.

I hope that providing my detailed experience saves another user (and Quicken technical support, tbh) an hour of time in the future when they are dealing with this issue.

This discussion has been closed.