Quicken Classic Mac saves passwords to keychain when told not to

Options

When updating an online account, I am prompted for the password. The passwords are deliberately not saved in my keychain as I do not wish to do that. There is a checkbox on the popup that says "Add Password to Keychain". I leave this box unchecked. The password gets stored in the keychain anyway. This broke in Quicken 7.6 — worked fine before that. Quicken team, thanks in advance for fixing this….

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Your post isn't likely to be seen by the developers here in the community, so instead, there are a couple things you can do:

1. Click menu Help > Report a Problem and submit a report. You won't get any feedback on this submission though.
    2. Call Quicken Support. They can screen share with you so you can demo the problem and be sure it's understood and submitted to the development team.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Henry Benson
    Henry Benson Member ✭✭
    Options

Will do, and thanks for the advice! I thought Quicken support was here too.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

There are some company moderators here, but they aren't Quicken Support.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • FredC
    FredC Member ✭✭
    edited April 7
    Options

I discovered the same problem and thought I was going nuts. Will contact Quicken support but perhaps someone else has additional info…

• FredC
    FredC Member ✭✭
    Options

The problem seems to be resolved with the Quicken 7.7 release…

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @FredC,

Thank you for coming to share.

@Henry Benson,

Are you still experiencing this issue after updating to the latest release?

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Henry Benson,

I haven’t heard from you yet and would like to know if you still require assistance?

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.