How to re attach loan payment to register

Options
tassmannn
tassmannn Member

I just upgraded to Quicken Classic Premier version 54.16 from 2017. In that version, when I started to type the payee on my home mortgage, it would automatically bring up the split between Principle, Interest, and Escrow. Now when I start typing the name, it shows past records, but with no amounts, so I have to manually see what the principle and interest are by looking at the payment schedule. It's been so long, and I don't remember how I set that up. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @tassmannn,

To better assist, please provide more information. When you upgraded from the 2017 version of Quicken to the subscription version of Quicken, did you start with a brand new file, or did you convert your existing file to the updated version of Quicken?

If you converted an existing file, were you previously using a memorized payee to fill in the information, or did you have a bill reminder set up for it?

If you started with a fresh file and added the mortgage loan account as a manual account, you would have gotten a prompt to create a bill reminder for it. That bill reminder is typically the simplest way to fill in the correct amounts since it's able to pull the information from the loan schedule (which is based off of the loan details you provided and your loan payment).

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.