Citi Mastercard missing Feb 05 & 06 Transactions

msmith99usa
msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭

Running Q Classic Premier Version R54.16, Build 27.1.54.16 on Windows 10 Enterprise. Reconciled my March 4 Citi Mastercard statement today. Missing 5 of 6 Expense transactions and one Credit transaction - all between Feb 05 and Feb 06. All other transactions from February 03 through March 03 were downloaded correctly. There are a lot of related Citi download posts about not being able to connect or download at all, so maybe I missed one that had this aspect to the many Citi related issues. Anyone seen this before, or have a suggestion - other than manually entering the missing transactions?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @msmith99usa,

To better assist you with this issue, please let me know if you're account(s) are connected using Direct Connect or Express Web Connect +. To determine which connection method you are currently using, go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to the account, and on the Online Services tab, it will show the information.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭

The connection method to the Citi Mastercard account is Express Web Connect +

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

There is currently a known issue with missing transactions/transactions not downloading from Citi. Please see this Community Alert for more details. If you haven't done so already, I recommend that you start by following the troubleshooting steps from the alert:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all the accounts associated with Citi.
    3. Navigate to Citi Bank's website, look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken.
    4. After unlinking accounts, return to Quicken and attempt to Add the Citi Bank accounts using the "+" button.
    5. Carefully relink your Citi Bank accounts with the corresponding Quicken accounts.

Since you mention this is a credit card, if the steps above don't work, you can also try changing the connection method to Direct Connect. To do that, first, backup your file, then deactivate the affected account(s). Go to Tools>Add Account. Search for Citi Cards. Click on the Advanced Options link.

Select Direct Connect.

Please make sure that you authorize the connection through your account with Citibank. You can reference this FAQ for more information on how to do that.

Once you have successfully authorized and Quicken brings you to the Add/Link screen, make sure you carefully review to make sure Quicken is seeing the correct nickname(s) to link your account(s) to and that the Action shows as Link to existing.

Please note that when you change the connection method, there is a slight risk of downloading duplicate transactions. After changing the connection method, please review to ensure there are no duplicates.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭

I am concerned something is really messed up! As instructed, I backed-up the file, deactivated the one affected account, closed Q, went to Citi and deleted Q as an authorized app, re-added Q as an authorized app, re-started Q, and re-activated the one CitiCard Account. I was able to download transactions successfully, but NOT any of the missing Feb 5 & 6 transactions from the March 4th billing cycle. I also visually verified all transaction in the current billing cycle (March 4 to current date) appear to have been correctly downloaded into Q. THE BIG CONCERN: When I try to reconcile the March 4 statement in Q, it now balances, WITHOUT the missing Feb 5 & 6 transactions!! How does that happen? NOTE: since my initial post, I have updated to Q Classic Premier Version R55.15, Build 27.1.55.15 (installed on about Mar 24) on Windows 10 Enterprise.. The Connection Method to CitiCard is now Express Web Connect+

• msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭

I have repeated the instructions, confirming to use the CitiCards name rather than CitiBank, as well as selecting Advanced Options where I selected Direct Connect. The process completed, but I still have only an Express Web Connect+ connection. No Direct Connect connection No additional transactions were downloaded. And again, When I try to reconcile the March 4 statement in Q, it now balances, WITHOUT the missing Feb 5 & 6 transactions!! How does that happen?

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your replies,

Due to the nature of the issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance, since they have access to tools we on the Community cannot access and they have the ability to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.