Discover Credit Card

Options
dr.sulli
dr.sulli Member ✭✭

Since December 2023, my Discover Card transactions do not update after working fine for years. However, my Discover Bank transactions continue to update correctly. I have tried all suggestions in the community discussions and nothing has worked to correct this failure to download my Discover Card transactions. Quicken has been notified several times but have yet to hear from Quicken as to a solution.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dr.sulli,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Which connection option are you using when trying to update your Discover card?

Are you getting any error messages/codes when you try to update? If not, then what exactly is happening when you try to update?

If you haven't done so already, I recommend following the troubleshooting from this article on missing transactions.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dr.sulli
    dr.sulli Member ✭✭
    Options

No error messages or codes after updating "Discover Bank" which is the financial institution.

All indications are that the update has been completed for "Discover Bank". I am using Express Connect for both Discover Bank Saving and Discover Card thru "Discover Bank" as I have always done. Discover Bank Saving transactions thru Discover Bank are correctly downloading but there are never any transactions downloaded for "Discover Card" since December 2023.

Everything was fine until mid-December after an update, and I have changed nothing. I have tried all suggestions on Community Discussions, and nothing has solved the continuing problem.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When you say you have tried all the suggestions on Community discussions, does that mean you have also made a backup of your file and tried deactivating the account, then connecting your Discover Card account to a different connection option, such as Discover Card Account Center? If you have, what happened? If you have not done that yet, that would be the next troubleshooting step for this issue.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Everything was fine until mid-December after an update ....".

What update was that? (See Help > About Quicken) - post your release number in the form Rnn.nn.

I have one Discover account, a credit card account. I've had no problem updating that account for months, using both R54.16 and R55.15.

I use the Quicken financial institution name "Discover Card" to download my Discover credit card transactions. You might give that a try for your Discover credit card account.

Backup first. 
    Deactivate your Quicken Discover credit card account, then blank out the financial institution name and account number found on the General tab of the Edit Account Details dialog for the account.  Then use the Quicken Add Account process with the financial institution name "Discover Card" to effectively reactivate the Quicken credit card account. Make sure you elect to "Link" the download to the correct existing Quicken credit card account in your Quicken file.

"I have tried all suggestions on Community Discussions ....".

That really doesn't provide much useful information. I have no idea what "all" the Community Discussions have suggested, so I have no idea what you actually tried. It "might", however, be helpful to know the specific actions you've tried, and how each attempt turned out (how Quicken and the financial institution reacted).

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• deliusfan
    deliusfan Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I ran into this same problem all this week. My update was always pointed at Discover Bank, as well. Just terminating your online services isn't enough to be able to redirect where you download your data from; if you try to add it again, there's a latency built into Quicken to look at the same website again unless you try "adding an account", then searching for Discover, then picking the credit card center, and then letting Quicken look to see if you have an existing account. That's the only surefire way you can change how you're downloading your data to an existing account.

I did that just now for me, and it finally worked. Resetting an account never works for me, usually deactivating and restarting online services solves my given problems. What I described above is akin to my "nuclear option" after everything else fails.

• deliusfan
    deliusfan Member ✭✭✭
    Options

So to update my own situation, I'm still getting the Discover Card Account Center CC-502 error. I've reset the account, changed where the account downloads from, removed and reestablished the online link, and I'm still getting the failure when I do my daily download of all my accounts. "try again" seems to work, occasionally, but this isn't really a solution. I hope someone will escalate this to an actual program error that needs correcting.

• Joe18
    Joe18 Member
    Options

Im in the same boat. Discover Bank transaction download fine. Credit card info does not and there is nothing that says there is an error. They simply do not download. Been using Quicken for literally 36 years and have over 100 accounts. Like you my trouble started in Dec. I have tried every combo of where to download from and still it does not work. VERY annoying

• mrbcoverdale
    mrbcoverdale Member ✭✭
    Options

me too.