Why doesn't correct $ amount show when pointer hover's over bar graph in What's In, What's Out Box?

Options
Palace
Palace Member ✭✭✭
edited April 19 in Reports (Windows)

I use the What's In, What's Out, What's Left Box to assist in my retirement planning. It's gives a clear picture (for me anyway) how my Retirement Savings assumptions are doing on a monthly basis. (Understand this primarily use in Business Calculations?) Anyway, works good for me as Retirement Planner Box. I notice though when my pointer hovers over the Bar Graph Columns, that the tiny box pop's open, but no $ figure shows inside this tiny box. Shouldn't a $ amount show in this tiny box, or am I hallucinating 🤣 Not a big deal, but could the 'design team' check this out, or, is this just a defect on 'just my software' and no one else's 😕

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Palace,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when you first noticed the issue (if you recall)? Is the box you're referring to on the Home tab, in the Main View? If so, it's not just you. I'm able to get it to show the blank box also when hovering over it.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Palace,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when you first noticed the issue (if you recall)? Is the box you're referring to on the Home tab, in the Main View? If so, it's not just you. I'm able to get it to show the blank box also when hovering over it.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• Palace
    Palace Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Quicken Kristina. Best I remember noticed issue about 7, 8 month's ago. Using Quicken Classic Deluxe when first noticed this idiosyncrasy; again, best I remember? Yep, box in reference is on Home Tab - Main View. So you nailed it with above illustrative chart. Unfortunately though, your $250,000 Profit is a tad higher than mine 😉 🤣 Anyway, seems I'm not 'all alone' on an island with this hick up? So maybe 'The Glitch Busters' can rectify this situation? Thanks.

• Quicken Kristina
    edited March 25
    Options

Thank you for confirming,

It would be nice if that $250,000 profit was real, but it isn't. I often add accounts and transactions to my Quicken while trying to replicate issues customers report encountering.

I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have it further investigated. In the meantime, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-9524)

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.